Gilbert Park relies on volunteers to help our students and staff. Whether you can help an hour a week or more, we can find a role that fits your unique talents and interests.
Volunteer roles include helping students with reading and math skills, decorating bulletin boards, material preparation, event assistance, and helping with special projects.
To complete a volunteer application (background check required), stop by the office, contact your child’s teacher or contact our Volunteer Coordinator Jenny Bischoff – email@example.com
Why volunteer in your child’s classroom? Here are some great reasons:
• Extra adult helpers means more one-on-one help for each child.
• You get to see what your child is learning, so you can better help them at home.
• You will get to know your child’s teacher, and can ask the questions you have.
• Children benefit from mentors and positive adult role models.
• Field trips are only possible with help from volunteer chaperones.
• If your child sees you volunteering, they will see how much you value education.
• Children whose parents volunteer grow up to be volunteers.
• Nothing will put a smile on your face like hanging out with kids!